Malone Building & Development has demonstrated an ability to motivate and focus partners and disparate parties on completing projects. They place an emphasis on minimizing cost and liability while maintaining a schedule, developing and implementing strategic plans for a business, and mentoring team members.
- Developed and cultivated customer relationships for long-term business opportunities with equity partners, lenders, architects and general contractors.
- Oversaw projects from design through finish construction with the design and construction teams (total budgets over $360 million).
- Maximized value of assets with continual evaluation of market rates and concessions in the condominium, rental, and retail groups.
- Sourced tenants and negotiated/consummated development opportunities.
- Oversaw walk-through, move-ins and warranty resolutions for over 1,000 condos or apartments.
- Initiated contracts for Building Managers, Building Engineers, and PM services needed to ensure that buildings were operational and being maintained properly.
- Oversaw settlements/lease-up for approximately 1,000 units.
- Resolved issues noted in the HOAs’ Transition Studies and negotiated final settlements.
- Oversaw construction of a $76 million downtown DC hi-rise residential project which consisted of 428 units, 43,000 square feet of retail shell space, and 13 historic facades to be preserved/rehabilitated.
- Oversaw the phased switch (during construction) from one apartment building to two smaller condominium buildings.
- Maintained project continuity and managed the orderly transition of responsibilities when the General Contractor was terminated during construction. Completed project as the General Contractor, while managing the architects and the consultants.
- Managed a $26 million hi-rise residential project, scoping trades and making recommendations to Owner regarding award. Responsible for requisitions to the owner and subs, change order negotiations, and contractor close-out; as well as managing to in-house key performance indicators and training all subordinates.
- Oversaw multiple Support of Excavation projects in the Washington DC area. Typical responsibilities included design, field oversight, and the coordination of the concurrent trades (demolition, excavation, and concrete).
- Coordinated and managed all change orders for a 97 unit, $53,000,000 condominium project.
- Professional Engineer
- LEED – Accredited Professional, BD&C